Corporate Capture is a new service offered by NLCU that gives commercial members the ability to deposit cheques at their own office instead of in branch. It’s a convenient and simple way to deposit cheques on your time.
It’s convenient – avoid losing the time out of your busy day taking cheques to the branch or ATM. Cheques can now be scanned in minutes from your office 24/7.
It’s quick – the deposit is shown on your account as soon as the deposit is successfully transmitted for processing.*
Improves cash flow – cheques are deposited the day they are received (instead of waiting until you find time to visit a branch or ATM).
Multiple currencies – CAD and USD can be deposited to designated Canadian or US fund accounts at your financial institution.
Reporting and Deposit Information – view detail and summary reports, deposit details, and cheque images online for up to 180 days.
- Deposit CAD or USD cheques
- Cheques can be deposited into an account of the same currency
- Deposit amount appear in your account in real-time
- Members can choose from a list of multiple accounts to choose where to make a deposit
- Duplicate detection helps ensure the same cheque isn’t deposited twice
- Handwriting recognition helps to detect mismatches between the total amount entered by the customer during the deposit and the total amount on the scanned cheques
- Reports allow member and NLCU track the deposits effectively and conveniently
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Corporate Capture is easy to use. Simply log onto the application – select the location and account, enter the amount of the deposit and, when ready to begin scanning, click the Start Capture button.
The application will perform handwriting recognition on the amounts and provide an itemized list of each cheque. If deposit error-free and balanced, you simply complete the deposit and it’s submitted immediately to your NLCU account for processing.
Once a deposit is made through remote capture, the funds immediately appear in your account. Similar to deposits at an ATM or in the branch, funds immediately appear in your account with availability subject to normal hold periods.* Regular holds will apply to all cheque deposits