Voting Shares represent equity in your Credit Union and form part of your own personal wealth. These funds are yours; they appear on your regular statement, and are refundable upon membership cancellation.
As an NLCU member you are both customer and shareholder. As a customer, you receive the services you want and as a shareholder you enjoy a competitive dividend return on your $100 investment, value costs for premium services, and local control of your own financial institution.
There is a voluntary Board of Directors that you elect at the Annual General Meeting.
[Open and Voluntary Membership]
- Open to any resident, organization, or corporation of Canada.
- $100.00 (20 Shares) maintained in Share account.
- All members are equal in share requirement.
- Shares are refundable upon membership cancellation.
- Shares are subject to dividends which may be declared based on credit union earnings, as decided by Board of Directors.
- One member, one vote at Annual General Meeting.
- Co-operative financial institution owned and operated by members.
SERVICE TO MEMBERS
- Personal service and attention provided by trained, knowledgeable and professional employees.
- Wealth Management Advisors available 7 days a week and outside of normal business hours to visit you at your home or office.
- Mobile banking, online banking, and ATM access available for member convenience, along with Teleservice and Automated Teleservice.
- 12 locations province-wide.
- Ample parking and easy access to all locations.
Ethical standards and responsible actions on human issues, social justice and environmental concerns.